The idea that something worn out (= shabby) can be considered at the same time refined, can seem like a paradox; yet the two concepts come together in this decorative style in which furniture and furnishing objects are decorated to bring out the authentic and original aspect.
• Fleur Citrus Wax Remover (12622-12672)
• Shabby Multi-purpose Wax (12624-12644-12674)
• 1 Fleur Chalky Look colour of your choice
• Abrasive Sponge with Coarse Grain (90963)
Clean the surface thoroughly and remove any wax residues. Choose the Chalky Look colour you want to use.
1. WAX: Apply the Multi-purpose Shabby Wax where you want to let the wood underneath be seen, such as edges, sides and moldings. Let it dry for 2 hours.
2. FIRST STEP: Paint the entire surface with the chosen colour and let it dry for 2 hours. Sand in the direction of the wood veining, using the special coarse-grained abrasive sponge, until the colour of the wood becomes visible.
3. FINISH: For greater protection and durability, apply a coat of Shabby Multipurpose Wax with the appropriate brush. Let it dry for 2 hours and polish with a cotton cloth.
TOOLS CLEANING: Use Water for Fleur colours. Use Citrus Wax
Remover for wax.