This new technique imitates the Shabby Style on fabric, recreating the harmony and the refined simplicity of the retro style even on wide surfaces, such as furniture and kitchen tops and why not, even on walls.
• 2 Fleur Chalky Look colours of your choice
• Powder Additive for Decorative Effects (13164-13165)
• Brush for Decorative Effects (14035)
• Multi-purpose Shabby Wax (12624-12644-12674)
• Coarse Abrasive Sponge (90963)
Choose the Chalky Look or Metallic colours you want to use.
1. FIRST STEP: Mix the base colour with the Powder Additive for Decorative Effects in a 2:1 ratio. Paint the entire surface with crossed strokes to get the texture of the fabric. Let it dry for 2 hours.
2. WAX: Apply the Multi-purpose Shabby Wax onto the entire surface with crossed strokes and let it dry for 2 hours.
3. SECOND STEP: Paint the entire surface with the second colour and let it dry for 2 hours. Then sand the surface with rotatory movements using the special coarse abrasive sponge.
TIPS: Holding the brush vertically will help you to get a more visible fabric effect.
FINISH: For better protection and durability, apply a coat of Multipurpose Shabby Wax with a cotton cloth.
TOOLS CLEANING: Water for Fleur colours. Citrus Wax Remover